- The Daulatpur - Saturia Tornado of Bangladesh occurred April 26, 1989 in the Dhaka region of Bangladesh.
- Every home within a six kilometer area of the tornado were completely or mostly destroyed. The tornado is considered the deadliest in the world because it took the lives of over 1,300 people.
- 12,000 were injured
- Over 80,000 people were made homeless.
- It caused a total of about 1.5 million U.S. Dollars in damage
- The tornado started in Daulatpur and then traveled an astonishing 50 miles northeast to Saturia.
- The tornado was at most 1.5 miles wide and for the majority of its life it was 1 mile wide.
- The tornado caused nearly 900 million dollars in damage (it would of been much more had the houses and property been worth more)
- If the same tornado went through a similarly populated area in the United States with standard $150,000 to $200,000 houses, the damage would have been around 2.5 billion to 3.2 billion